The New York Times published this screed, which compares the numbers of mass shootings in the US versus those in Russia, China, and India. The article is cringe-worthy for a number of reasons:
- In the period under discussion, China had its cultural revolution (which killed 30 MILLION people)..
- In the same period, millions of people starved in India while the incompetent and corrupt elite enriched itself.
- The Soviet Union killed tens of thousands of people in the GULAG, and impoverished and deprived of basic human rights hundreds of millions of others.
- The article claims that race and diversity has nothing to do with gun crime. In fact, as the interested reader can see, fully half of the homicides in the US are committed by Blacks (half the victims are Black, too). That means that “White America” is one of the safest countries on the planet, despite the one of the highest legal gun ownership rates.
- The authors claim that “diversity” has no correlation with mass murder rates in European countries. I suppose the massacres at Bataclan, Charlie Hebdo, and Manchester (among many, many, others) have occurred in times immemorial.